29 Nov 2019 Audi Center Sydney North Bondi Classic
The second of the two North Bondi classics…
By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page…
Two distances – 2km (10:30am) and 1km (9:15am). You can do one swim or both swims. It’s cheaper (per swim) if you do both swims, and it’s cheaper, too, if you sign up now for both The Roughwater on January 13 and the North Bondi Classic on Sunday, February 10. If you’d like to take the Combo entry, please do so through the Roughwater event page… Click here
Win a trip to Hawaii…
Enter and finish either a Rough Water Swim on the 13th January 2019 or a North Bondi Classic Swim 10th February 2019 and your name will go into the random draw for a one lucky male and one lucky female to each win:
- A return ticket for 1 person between Sydney and Honolulu courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines (excluding taxes);
- 4 nights hotel accommodation at the Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach (available dates listed in prize letter).
Swimmers who enter and finish more than one swim in either the Roughwater or the Classic will receive an entry for each swim. The draw will take place at the end of the North Bondi Classic event. Winners MUST be present to collect his/her prize. Each prize is valued at approximately $2,500.
(Please note, this prize trip does not coincide with the Waikiki Roughwater Swim. This is why entry to that swim is not included in the prize.)
Things you need to know…
- Event – The North Bondi Classic
- Organiser – North Bondi SLSC
- Distance – 2km (min. age 14), 1km (min. age 10)
- Venue – North Bondi, Sydney eastern suburbs, registration and swim HQ at surf club
- Time/Date – Sunday, February 10, 2019, 9:15am (1km), 10:30am (2km)
- Registration – Race day – 8am until 15 minutes prior to the start of your first event
- Entry fee – Basic entry $40 ($50 on race day) for either swim, or $70 for both swims on the day ($80 on race day)
- Back of the Pack – These swims offer Back of the Pack for swimmers who prefer to swim with aids such as fins, snorkels and wetsuits. If you intend to swim with such an aid, please choose this category at online entry.
- Prizes – This event offers prizes to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd M/F in each age category.
- Wetsuit policy – Organisers say, If the water temperature is below 18 degrees on the day of the swim, then the organisers will allow participants to wear wetsuits in all categories. The water temperature will be taken by the Bondi Lifeguards in the morning. In regard to speed suits, we will only allow FINA approved suits to be worn, even if the water temp is below 18 degrees.
- Online entries close – 3pm, Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Under 18 swimmers – Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent’s email, address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Conditions – Bondi beach faces sou’-sou’-east and takes a wave, with shifting banks, gutters and rips. Many of you will have seen this on the telly, although usually there’s hardly a wave when they put those cameras on the rescue mals. But North Bondi sits in a relatively gentle corner of the beach, protected by Ben Buckler, the northern headland and rock shelf. There’s usually a strong run-out right in the corner, which is useful for getting through the break. But stay away from that run-out on the way back in. It means, though, that both the start and finish at North Bondi generally a relatively benign. Sure, there are banks and gutters, but not as severe as farther towards the other end of the beach.
- Mimimum age – 10 (1km) and 14 (2km)
- More info… North Bondi Classic entry form (PDF file)… Click here
- Check progress entries – To check a list of progress online entries… Click here
- All swimmers must swim the prescribed course and ensure that their name is marked off the official entrants register at the conclusion of the Rival Roughwater Swim even if they do not
complete the course.
- Swimmers must swim in the category for which they are eligible.
- All swimmers must wear their prescribed cap, race number and timing device.
- A swimmer may not use extraneous aids eg. flippers, snorkels or flotation clothing (including wetsuits* please refer Wet Suit Policy) or devices (unless they are entered in the Back of the Pack Group).
- Any swimmer accompanying an under 15 year aged swimmer will not be eligible for a prize or qualify as an official placegetter.
- All swimmers are to behave in a fair and sportsmanlike manner without interference or aggression towards other competitors and any breach of this rule may result in disqualification from the Rival Roughwater Swim.
- If in the opinion of an event medical officer or a water safety official a competitor is physically or otherwise incapable of starting or completing the Rival Roughwater Swim or has been in the water for an inordinate time such competitor may be disqualified from starting or be removed from the water at any time.
- If in the opinion of the Race Referee the weather or swimming conditions are dangerous or unsuitable the Swim may be cancelled without notice.
- Prize winners must be present to receive their prize.
- The decision of the Race Referee is final. Any protests must be made in writing to the Race Referee within 30 minutes of the completion of the Event.
Please read this first: Any problems you encounter in entering this event are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. Don’t hit the Submit button more than once: you will be charged each time you press it. If you run into problems, if your entry appears to fail, don’t try to enter again until you have checked the progress entries list (there’s a link to this above), and check your card statement to see whether a charge has been debited. If your confirmation email doesn’t turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. If all these checks return negatives, it’s probably safe to try again. But ensure you have the most recent version of your browser, or use a different browser, or try from a different computer. If there’s still a problem, email us and we’ll try to sort it out. Refunds are available prior to close of online entries and are subject to an administration fee of $10.
We take Visa and Mastercard only.
To enter this event… Click here