After a challenging season on many fronts, Team NB headed to Aussies with high hopes and delivered some great results.
- NB won 16 medals, (18 medals 2021) 4 GOLD, 6 SILVER, 6 BRONZE.
- NB had 78 finalists, up 1 from 2021.
- NB had 36 top 6 places, up 3 from 2021.
- NB had 58 top ten places, up 7 from 2021.
- NB won 1 sprint and 1 flags medal and had another 3 top 6 sprint/flags finishes. (Youth)
- NB finished in 9th position overall in the open points score, down 2 spots from 2021.
Our NB competitors have endured adversity this season like never before.
- Our swimmers/Iron competitors not being able to access heated pools and swim squads to train with, throughout the winter. Swimming in the cold ocean with wetsuits.
- Jimmy’s ski training was closed for several winter months.
- Training in pairs for most of the winter months.
- Forced into 7 days of isolation at times, either being close contacts, or even worse catching Covid.
- Endured crazy surf, wind and rainy conditions for most of the surf season. One of the worst summers during my lifetime.
- Limited racing opportunities.
It’s a huge credit to all our surf sports competitors, getting the results they have achieved.