Welcome back, North Bondi Life Saving team! We are excited and grateful that you are here, once again, to show up and bring your skill, passion, and community spirit to protecting the public for another season at North Bondi!
We hope the information below is helpful to all patrolling members (Cadets, Active 15-18 years, Active 18+, Active Reserve…and our Long Service members who still join patrols!). If you have any questions about patrolling and/or your obligations as a patrolling member, please contact your Patrol Captain in the first instance. If you still need further information, please contact the Club Vice-Captain/s at [email protected]
See you on the beach!
Your Lifesaving Team – Nick, Megan and David
NB Patrol Essentials
Important SLSA Information
Preparing for Patrol
- Patrol Roster – 22/23 Season
- North Bondi Patrol Lockdown Guidelines – Sep 2021
- Have you completed online proficiency? – Click Here
Additional instructions for proficiency in the Member FAQs below
- North Bondi Patrol Obligations By-Laws – Jun 2021
Know your obligations as a patrolling member
Helpful Patrol Information
- Mission Statement and Club Goals – 2021
- See the list of PC/VCs for season 2021/22
- Read the Season 2021/22 Member Handbook
Can’t make your rostered patrol?
Swap it on Swapsea!
Life Saving Member FAQs
- In line with current guidance from SLSNSW, whilst stay-at-home orders are in place, we have now received approval to operate with a maximum of 10 patrolling members – there must always be a minimum of 5x Bronze Medallion patrollers per shift (inclusive of 1x PC, 1x IRBD, 1x IRBC and 1x ARTC award holder).
- All members should note that this is VOLUNTARY and no member is obligated to patrol during stay-at-home orders.
- Please DO NOT attend patrol, unless your PC has specifically discussed this with you and requested your attendance. Additional patrollers will be sent home on arrival and will not be permitted to sign on.
- As per the notification from the Board of Management this week , all pa trollers are now required to be double vaccinated, including for this weekend where possible.
- As per the public health order, face masks must be worn at all times whilst you are on patrol, unless in or on the water.
- Unfortunately under the guidance from State SLSA SRCs are not permitted to patrol, nor are bronze medallion holders under 16 years.
- Further information on any adjustments to patrol hours requirements for season 2021-22 will be provided once we have confirmed when we will be returning to full rostered patrols. No member will be penalised for not logging hours/not attending patrols during the lockdown period.
The SLS Members Area Portal is your one-stop-shop for all things membership fees, patrol merchandise, eLearning and much more.
All online proficiency and training is completed on the Surf Life Saving eLearning System.
Once you are logged in, click on the “My Training” tab and complete the Skills Maintenance 2021/22 courses assigned to you.